1.8
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

Long story short I would never have Eclipse tinting do anything else with my car.They cannot be trusted and do not stand behind their work.

They are good sales people though so watch out!!! They really like to say over and over that it's not them until so much time goes by that nothing an be done. (Repeated from below) My story started when I purchased my 2014 Mini Cooper Clubman. At the time I knew that I could not purchase a Mini with remote start, so I called around and found that Eclipse tinting would install a system, but it was going to cost dearly.

I found a way to save enough money to have it installed soon after a received my Mini. I didn't know it at the time, but I started to have trouble with my car. The low battery drain light started coming on. I called Eclipse and they told me that it couldn't be the system because it doesn't draw that much current.

I went to the Mini dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong and could not reproduce the issue. Since the low battery light did not come on each time you started the vehicle I could not prove what I was seeing. A few months went by and then the high battery light started coming on and I called Eclipse again and they had me bring it in. I was also having problems with the remote start working at all.

They let me know AGAIN that the system could not be the reason for the battery drain by what they knew, but that some how the remote start system was stuck in valet mode and they fixed that issue. I few more months went by with me seeing from time to time that the high battery light would come on when suddenly my car sounded like it was having trouble starting. I went to the local Pep Boys and after an hour they let me know that I had a bad cell in my battery and wanted to replace the battery. I said thanks but I think I should go to the Mini dealership.

I mean the car wasn't that old and I couldn't understand why that could have happened at this point. I called Mini and they got me right in and I had to wait a couple of hours for them to state that the battery in fact did have a dead cell and would have to be replaced. They did not know what caused it, but did not charge me for the battery. On my way I go.

I then noticed after a few weeks that the high battery light was coming on again. Since I was told repeatedly by Eclipse that there was no way it could be the remote start system they installed I continued to go back to the Mini dealership. This went on for three years, three batteries, a rental car, and hours of me setting at the dealership until Mini talked with Eclipse and Eclipse agreed to take the remote tart system off my car about 4 months ago. WOW my car no longer had an issue.

When I contacted Rick again at Eclipse he said that just a couple of weeks did not prove that it was the remote start and he AGAIN started that the system doesn't pull enough amps to cause this issue. I can't tell you how many times I had heard Rick and his employees state that it couldn't be the system that they installed. Rick asked me to wait another 60 days or so to make sure that my car did not have an issue. I did mark the calendar and then I called Rick at Eclipse he at first was not available and then he did not call me back, so I called again and again until I could speak with him.

He went through his sales pitch again and reluctantly stated that I could bring it back in, but that it had been over three years and that the system was only guaranteed for one year. I asked if I could have the information about the company that built the remote start system and he said that he would contact them and send it back to see if they would analyze it to see what was wrong with it. I thought okay maybe we could get some answers. I was contacted not by Rick, but by an employee from Eclipse that I could come and pick up my remote start system.

This was about three weeks ago. I had to ask what did they find and I was told that it wasn't worth analyzing and that the company replaced everything but the harness. WOW again!!! I then asked when Eclipse could put it back into my car and the employee stated that they would not be able to.

Of course I hen asked to speak to Rick. Guess what he wasn't available. I asked if they would give him a message to call me and they said yes. I waited another week and no call from Rick.

Just so you know throughout this whole process Rick had complimented me on how I handle myself and how talking with a customer instead of yelling had been refreshing. I even let him know that I understood that staying calm and dealing with the issue has always been the best way and he agreed. So back to the last conversation that I had with Rick. When I called a couple of weeks ago he answered and I started inquiring about why they wouldn't reinstall the remote start and out of the blue he started saying stop yelling and when I said but I'm not yelling I'm just asking questions.

He said I don't want to argue. I try to say me neither, but he kept slamming me with what he wasn't going to do. I was speechless, but now that I think about it I think that was what he was trying to accomplish. He said things like it had been too long and that he did not do installations of remote starts anymore.

He also said that I would be crazy to want it back on my car. I thought how professional he is now calling me names. When I finally got a word in I said to him that I had brought the car into him almost three years ago with the issue and he sated that it couldn't be the remote start because it didn't pull enough current he said that he did not keep records of appointments and what they were for. So now I think WOW he is saying I'm lying.

Long story short I would never have Eclipse tinting do anything else with my car. They cannot be trusted and do not stand behind their work.

They are good sales people though so watch out!!!They really like to say over and over that it's not them until so much time goes by that nothing an be done.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: My remote start installed without additional cost or money back..

I liked: Ability to offer me a product i liked.

I didn't like: Not standing behind the products they sell.

Had an Experience with Eclipse Window Tinting?

Comments